100 Years of History
At the beginning of the last century Emile Lacau, Pascal’s great grandfather, was in charge of the Lapeyre and Guilhemas wine areas, but decided to stop working for his father and set up his own business in order to achieve his dream, namely cultivating vines to make quality wines from the Guilhemas slopes.
In 1935 his son Casimir Lapeyre took over and he in turn passed the baton to his own sons Jean and Rene in 1959. They expanded the wine-growing area with new vines and modernised the existing facilities thereby maintaining the reputation of their wines.
In 1991, after completing his studies at Baumes followed by apprenticeships at the “Chateau Cheval Blanc” in St Emilion, Pascal, Jean’s son, took over the vineyards and started a new era for their operation:
- Construction of the winery for better controlled vinification.
- Renovation of the cellar for ageing in red oak barrels.
- Building of an efficient bottling plant.